|A view down College Avenue, 1913|
The Students' Building
In 1932, in a general reorganization of the campus the post office moved from the Administration Building to the Students’ Building.
The building was razed in 1950, but the cornerstone remains visible on College Avenue, in front of the current Elliott Student Center.
McIver Memorial Building
The McIver Memorial Building was declared unsafe in 1956 and razed in 1958.
In preparation for inclement weather, the Gymnasium was equipped with canvas “drops” which could completely enclose the building. In addition to physical education classes, the Outdoor Gymnasium became a popular spot for basketball, roller-skating, and rainy day activities. Located west of Shaw Residence Hall (near the site of the current tennis courts), the outdoor gymnasium was completed three years before the construction of the Rosenthal Gymnasium.
The outdoor space was used during bad weather and for overflow physical education activities until 1964 when it was torn down.
The Hut was built in a bungalow style with a large central hall and open fireplaces. It was used for a variety of social functions. The YWCA secretary counseled students in her office in the Hut. The building was razed in the 1940s when North Drive was built.
Woman's Dormitory and Kirkland Dormitory
Kirkland Dormitory, which opened two years later in 1914, was named in honor of Sue May Kirkland, Lady Principal of the College from 1892 to 1914.
Both Woman's Dormitory and Kirkland Dormitory were razed in 1964. Currently, the Moran Commons and Plaza stands at the site that once housed the two buildings.
Park Gymnasium was razed in 2004. This location is now the site of the Moore Humanities & Research Administration Building.