By the 1920s, the Domestic Science program had morphed into Home Economics.
The school built a new Home Management House in 1922 on McIver St. The house was designed by Harry Barton, who had designed many other buildings on the campus. During this time, the catalog described the course’s goals as “(a) management of household operations, (b) management of income, (c) management of family and group relations, and (d) management in relation to community obligations to the home. The practical work will be given in the practice house where each senior is required to live for six weeks.” The course was listed as 33 and 34 in early years and 405 later in the Annual Catalogs.
|Exterior and Interior views of the Home Management House located on McIver St.|
|Students Inside one of the W. Market St. Houses|